About Me

My photo
At the age of 20, Jay has sought out to verbally and orally express her most inner thoughts. Topics of cultural pride and social injustice harbor at the root of her soul and emerge as powerful words that create powerful stories. She has yet to experience and know it all and she has accepted this fact; choosing to absorb the intellect of others before her. Currently, she attends a diverse university in Miami, Florida and hopes to finish college in a year. "Once a teacher asked me to think of ONE word that describes who I am...I chose to use the word INDIAN because I consider myself to be West Indian and Native American. To deny my culture is to deny the epitome of who I truly am and what I truly stand for."

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Deadly Ethiopian Oil Field Attack

I will be on hiatus for an entire week to two weeks...due to a well-earned vacation from the chaos that has taken over. Being the case, I have decided to create a brief (straight-forward) post.

The following website is a full report courtesy of MSNBC about the recent attacks on oil fields on the Somalian border, which left 65 Ethiopians and 9 Chinese workers dead. Warfare is going on everywhere, not just in Iraq...the innocent have suddenly become the silent. They have becomed the weak and the abused, abducted, and abandoned.

Read the article to get the full story...there was no need for me to paraphrase...the article explains it all objectively:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18287943/

I'll pray that I arrive at my destination safely. Unil next time...Believe in something!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good post.