About Me

My photo
At the age of 20, Jay has sought out to verbally and orally express her most inner thoughts. Topics of cultural pride and social injustice harbor at the root of her soul and emerge as powerful words that create powerful stories. She has yet to experience and know it all and she has accepted this fact; choosing to absorb the intellect of others before her. Currently, she attends a diverse university in Miami, Florida and hopes to finish college in a year. "Once a teacher asked me to think of ONE word that describes who I am...I chose to use the word INDIAN because I consider myself to be West Indian and Native American. To deny my culture is to deny the epitome of who I truly am and what I truly stand for."

Friday, March 16, 2007

UnderCover

I decided that the best way for an audience to witness the growth of a creator is to analyze and get a taste of their earlier works. Here are a couple of poems that I published while in the later years of middle school and early years of high school. The graphic for the first topic is graphic and for this reason I have chosen to just put the link to its original source. To give you prior warning it is a picture of the remains of a suicide bomber.

Incantation of the Suicidal

Silent requests for an end(ing)
Underneath the coils of pretend(ing).
This life can't bare no more Existence.
There's nothing leftover but my
Persistence-
But mere Resistance.
Resistance to breathe continuosuly
It'll soon be relieved,
Thoughts appear sinuously.
Far more treasure Far more fair.
Nothing is pleasurable
Than the absence of air.
Therefore my nose and lungs
Are no longer of vitality.
What is done, is done
Down with morality!




For more information about suicide, please visit this link: www.suicide.com




What's So Different


Our hands intersect
As the pressure of our love is measured.
All that we can detect
Are the far more desired and treasured.
(What's the difference?)
We have already proclaimed
Our love for each other.
We've past the stage of shame, he's almost like my brother.
I tell him everything,
He's my confidante, my best friend.
One day I'll wear his wedding ring,
True lovers 'til the end.
(Is there a difference?)
Nearly incomprehensible - other's ignorance
When we kiss - oh, how it feels like butterflies.
There's only a slight difference (in our relationship) -
We're both guys.

For more information about homosexuality, please visit this link: www.pureintimacy.org/gr/homosexuality

4 comments:

Vitamin Jay said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Even though I do not support homosexuality, this was an interesting poem. I like the fact that you do not give away,right from the start,that it is a homosexual relationship. You leave it to the imagination of the reader and that's what makes it even more interesting. Great Job!

Vitamin Jay said...

Thanks. I try.

Anonymous said...

I love this one Jay... because the underlying message.. is love sees no gender, just as love sees no color... once people stop looking at others for what their "preference" is and WHO they choose to love the world will be a much more pleasant place.. Love the way you displayed this one... Hats off to you ma.